Top from Burda Style 2/2010


Hi everyone,
Hope you're having a lovely weekend!


 There are some really nice patterns in this magazine (Burda 2/2010), but I haven't made any yet.
I find Burda patterns don't fit my body shape as well as Knipmode, but I thought this pattern was so nice and practical and happening to have some lovely stripes in my stash, I thought I would give this one a go!
 The pattern is very easy to make up and I made most of this on my sewing machine.
The fabric is a velour so it was a bit heavy around the neck and too big.
The make the top fit my bust the neck was far too loose so I took in the front at the sides against the sleeves. Unfortunately, this left a gape above the bust so I made some pleats - I think they look ok when worn.
 I will be making this top again but now know how much to adjust the pattern to fit before cutting out!!

I am linking this to Sew and Tell Saturday on Sew Country Chick blog.
The link button is on the right side bar.
Thanks for visiting

Jolanda x

Comments

  1. Ohh. Velour black and white stripes. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assassin's Creed Inspired Coat

A New Bag For London Trip

embroidered mobile phone cover